Abbreviated Pundit Roundup: Nikole Hannah-Jones story arc continues to resonate. Poynter:
The local reporter who broke the Nikole Hannah-Jones/UNC story also got her latest exclusive
NC Policy Watch’s Joe Killian said he had seen the story ‘a million times before’ as a politics beat reporter in North Carolina
“And I said, it’s not a secret, it’s literally just I’ve seen this a million times before,” said Killian, who works at the nonprofit newsroom NC Policy Watch.
It’s not a secret, but several things happened with Killian’s coverage of this story that are worth pointing out.
First, his work is built on classic beat reporting. In this case, though, the beat wasn’t higher education, but another Killian had covered for years — politics.
“I wanted to send a powerful message, or what I hope to be a powerful message, that we’re often treated like we should be lucky that these institutions let us in. But we don’t have to go to those institutions if… https://ift.tt/3jXPjid

source https://www.facebook.com/usaprogressive/photos/a.918883178274165/2015030615326077/?type=3
The post Timeline Photos appeared first on LiberalResistance.