The Afghanistan blame game begins — and the media immediately ignores what triggered this disaster. Watching the swift fall of the Afghan government to the hands of the Taliban this weekend, my gut reaction is one I suspect may be true of most Americans watching this disaster unfold: If twenty years of occupation did diddly squat to set up Afghanistan for success, it’s doubtful that another twenty years was going to do the trick. “One more year, or five more years, of U.S. military presence would not have made a difference if the Afghan military cannot or will not hold its own country,” President Joe Biden who, unlike most Americans, actually pays attention to the military and political details of the Afghanistan war, said in a statement released on Saturday. “I was the fourth President to preside over an American troop presence in Afghanistan—two Republicans, two Democrats. I would not, and will not, pass this war onto a fifth.”The mainstream media,… https://ift.tt/3sohucn

source https://www.facebook.com/usaprogressive/photos/a.918883178274165/2044939425668529/?type=3
The post Timeline Photos appeared first on LiberalResistance.