Powerful interest groups join the fray on infrastructure in battle for soul of the Republican Party. It’s the Chamber of Commerce facing off against far-right dark money groups in the battle for infrastructure. The former has joined with the AFL-CIO and other trade groups in manufacturing and retail in what they’re calling the Coalition for Bipartisan Infrastructure Investment.
“Don’t let partisan differences get in the way of action—pass significant, meaningful infrastructure legislation now,” the group said in a statement announcing the effort. For these groups, it is all about jobs. Having an old-line traditional conservative group like the Chamber behind the effort is simply good. “I appreciate the supportive words. Those are music to my ears,” Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said Thursday. “I think the biggest threat to this is politics,” Buttigieg said, adding, “I can’t think of better politics than actually delivering something that the… https://ift.tt/3r7FeRm

source https://www.facebook.com/usaprogressive/photos/a.918883178274165/2015234745305664/?type=3
The post Timeline Photos appeared first on LiberalResistance.