Progressive Power: A Social Welfare Political Organization 501(c)(4). #WorkingClass, #Science, #Democracy, #Diversity, #TaxtheRich, #Democrats, #Progress
Re Michael Elefante Trump said it…
It’s perfectly legal to buy a property, and offset 100% of its depreciation value against your W-2 income in 2025...
Here’s how:
—
For context:
Trump officially signed 100% bonus depreciation back into Law with the big beautiful bill.
This is going to be the best year for Airbnb owners because…
–
Let’s say you put 20% down on a $500k home…
Typically ~25% of the purchase price can be bonus depreciated into year one (because land value doesn’t qualify).
Here’s how much this can save you in taxes in 2025:
–
25% of $500k = ~$125k you can write off against your taxes in year 1.
And if you list it on Airbnb, you can write off this depreciation against your W-2 income because…
–
You can use the “STR loophole”.
Here’s how you qualify:
-> Guest stays <7 days or less
-> Work 100h & more than anyone else
-> Or work 500h in total if others work more than you
–
For example, when I bought this $1.25M North Carolina property in 2024…
Instead of depreciating it over 39 years (~$32,050/yr)…
–
I ran a cost segregation study to bonus depreciate 60% of the property’s value into year 1 (without land value).
That’s $437,488 in depreciation.
—
At the time, bonus depreciation was 60%, and at my marginal tax rate of 43% and because I own 50% of the property…
I reduced my tax bill by $94,000 in 2024.
And here’s what’s crazy…
—
With 100% bonus depreciation, I would have saved $160,000 🤯
Not only that, but this property is on track to generate over $400,000 this year.
–
This is how 6-figure earners are paying next to nothing in taxes in 2025 (even with just 15-20% down).
So If I was starting an Airbnb in 2025, here’s how I’d do it:
—
1 - Give this prompt to ChatGPT:
—
2 - Study winning properties.
Use AirDNA to study the top 10 highest revenue generating Airbnbs in those markets.
Look at their amenities, property size, design, and location on the map.
If you want to skip the “hard part” of finding a winning market & property (so you can just get the benefits of owning an Airbnb)…
I’ll do the entire process for you, and you’ll own 100% of the property.
Comment “TURN KEY” and I’II DM you the details.
via Progressive Powerhttps://instagr.am/p/DOEM8jTjHkF/